How to mount and copy from a pen drive using the terminal in any flavour of Linux.
The following steps will tell you how to copy from pen drive to a local host.
- Insert the pen drive
- Use this command
- This command views the devices attached to the local host as shown in the figure
- Sometimes the pen drive will be mounted in
- Else you can create a folder using
- Now to mount the pen drive onto the /mnt/usb use the following command
mount /dev/sdb1/ /mnt/usb/
- The process can be seen as the following figure:
- Now let’s copy something from the pen drive to the local host
- To copy, use the following command:
cp /mnt/usb/<file_name> <destination_addr>
- In the following figure, I’ve used /media/DRAGON as the source and /home/spawan/Desktop as the destination